BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Narendra_P
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Team,

Is there a method to migrate from LSF to Apache Airflow? Are there any accelerators or automated conversion tools/scripts available for this migration? Additionally, could you provide any documentation,  or steps outlining the approach or solution for this migration?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
SASKiwi
PROC Star

If you search the Apache Airflow documentation you will find no reference to LSF, PPM and no mention that I could find about importing content from other schedulers so I'm pretty confident the answer is no.

Patrick
Opal | Level 21

@Narendra_P 

I don't know if such scripted migration is possible for any lsf scenario but I do know of a site where such a migration has been done using a scripted approach.

I can't share the details because they are confidential.

Given the importance of such a migration path I would expect though that it's only a question of time until there will also be some public information available.

The approach I know of in a nutshell:
1. Export the lsf flow definitions to an xml file using jexport

2. Create an xmlmap to convert the xml to a format (SAS tables) that's easier to work with.

3. Use the exported data to generate Python scripts with the Airflow DAG definitions to which the lsf flow definitions can get mapped. 

SASKiwi
PROC Star

@Patrick - The XML Export function is also available as a menu option in PPM.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation