BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Tomasz_Barnas
Fluorite | Level 6

Due to an unusual specification, I need to make a connection between SAS VIYA4 and MS Power BI.
I have found solutions to create this type of connection between SAS 9.4
Unfortunately, on the forum and on the Internet I do not see any valuable materials on this type of connection from the VIYA system.
An additional complication is that the connection must be made by downloading data from IN-Memory tables, but if this is impossible I would like to get any connection.
In summary, the in-memory tables sas VIYA4 is the source of the data and Power BI analyzes it.
I was wondering if it is possible to use SAS OLPA SERVER for this, to integrate the data contained in SAS VIYA with MS Power BI. Moreover, OLAP SERVER is a desktop tool. I do not hide the fact that ideally there would be an alternative tool running in an on premise solution on the browser side.
I am aware of the differences between VIYA and SAS 9.4, and how this idea sounds.
The question is do you have any ideas on how to get around any associated inconvenience?

2 REPLIES 2
Berux
Fluorite | Level 6

I have the same issue, please help

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @Tomasz_Barnas , @Berux ,

I will give you the architectural considerations. Towards implementation, feel free to visit the documentation at SAS.

Please note, SAS OLAP server is a 9.4 technology, not available in SAS Viya (3.5 or 4).

This being said, any tool can access SAS Viya capabilities via Rest APIs, and or SAS Jobs (also accessible via Rest APIs).

When in SAS 9.4, you would need common http requests and/or the usage of SAS Stored Processes - which can be published in the web application SAS Stored Processes and/or as webservice.

In this sense, PowerBI or any other tool can use the capabilities from SAS Viya (more capabilities) and of SAS 9.4

I hope this helps to give you some direction about what aspect of the documentation to look into.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation