BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Naouel
SAS Employee

Hi everyone , 

I want to create a page that enable users to manage lists by they own. So the idea is to create an internal entity List and her child entity Element_List . 

I create the page for the list and configure it with the Create page association so I can launch the page in create mode. 

When I am in user interface and click on the button to add a new child , nothing appears to allow populating the fields (I saw this also on an ootb entity : Inquery with the child RFI)

Naouel_1-1666111623589.png

Has anyone faced this problem and how have you done to fix it ?

Thank you

Naouel 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
susantrueman
SAS Employee

Hello, 

Please try the following steps:

1. In the admin interface, open the page template (i.e. for the List entity) and select the child object control.
  2. Drag controls (such as text input control or drop down lists etc.) onto the space below the child object control grid (i.e. an area highlighted by the orange rectangle in the screenshot below). 
  3. Select each control and associate a data source in the properties panel. 
  4. Save the template

The end user should then be able to create a new child object with the newly added controls visible on the dialog (you may need to logout/login to see the changes).

Thanks

Susan

susantrueman_0-1666123841679.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
susantrueman
SAS Employee

Hello, 

Please try the following steps:

1. In the admin interface, open the page template (i.e. for the List entity) and select the child object control.
  2. Drag controls (such as text input control or drop down lists etc.) onto the space below the child object control grid (i.e. an area highlighted by the orange rectangle in the screenshot below). 
  3. Select each control and associate a data source in the properties panel. 
  4. Save the template

The end user should then be able to create a new child object with the newly added controls visible on the dialog (you may need to logout/login to see the changes).

Thanks

Susan

susantrueman_0-1666123841679.png

Naouel
SAS Employee

Yes it works fine now ! Thank you Susan

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation