BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Mazi
Quartz | Level 8
Hello everyone -

I’m currently developing a solution on SAS Visual Investigator 10.8 on SAS Viya 3.5.

I’ve got quite a few entities in the solution, and new data is continually being added to these entities such as transactions, new policies, claims and so on.

My question is, what’s the best practice for reindexing entities and at what frequency should one be doing it?

My reason for asking is when new rows are added to these entities, these rows are not visible to the end users and investigators.
The new data is only visible once the entity has been reindexed.

Curious to hear how others are handling this?

I am aware of the REST API call I can make through PROC HTTP to schedule the indexing job to run at specific intervals, but I’d still like to hear others thoughts on this.

Thanks,
Mazi
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
susantrueman
SAS Employee

Hello, 

SAS Technical Support will also be able to provide some assistance - please feel free to raise a support ticket with the team.

The product documentation includes a section on configuration and tuning which covers Configuring and Tuning Indexer - this may be of use?

If  you open the documentation from the VI application itself you won't be prompted to enter an access key. If you are prompted for an access key and don't have one please contact SAS Technical Support who will be able to issue an access key for the guides. 

Thanks

Susan

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
susantrueman
SAS Employee

Hello, 

SAS Technical Support will also be able to provide some assistance - please feel free to raise a support ticket with the team.

The product documentation includes a section on configuration and tuning which covers Configuring and Tuning Indexer - this may be of use?

If  you open the documentation from the VI application itself you won't be prompted to enter an access key. If you are prompted for an access key and don't have one please contact SAS Technical Support who will be able to issue an access key for the guides. 

Thanks

Susan

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation