BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Mayt
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi guys!

I use SAS viya and my environment has many users. I want to publish a decision, and want it to be replaced if the published name is the same as my old published decision. I know we can press "Replace item with the same name"

Mayt_0-1714474389838.png

But can we prevent publishing if another user want to publish it with the same name like mine?

Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DeanTaplin
SAS Employee

Is the scenario you describe where two different users create a decision with the same name? or where two users are working on the same decision?

I'm assuming it is the former. I'm not aware of a feature to prevent what you describe. There is no separation of users in MAS. I tried a simple test and was able to overwrite a module published by another user. Can you ensure the other user does not enable the "Replace item with the same name" option to prevent publishing with the same name? or maybe work with different versions of the decision since the module name published to MAS will include the version and this may help to avoid collisions.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
DeanTaplin
SAS Employee

Is the scenario you describe where two different users create a decision with the same name? or where two users are working on the same decision?

I'm assuming it is the former. I'm not aware of a feature to prevent what you describe. There is no separation of users in MAS. I tried a simple test and was able to overwrite a module published by another user. Can you ensure the other user does not enable the "Replace item with the same name" option to prevent publishing with the same name? or maybe work with different versions of the decision since the module name published to MAS will include the version and this may help to avoid collisions.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation