BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
AlexBeaver
Community Manager

We are very excited to announce that the new SAS Customer Service Portal is available! Read this article from @kimberlymay  to learn all the details you need to know, including the benefits for customers and what you can accomplish in the customer portal. Plus, find training resources and documentation to help with the transition.

We strive to provide the best experience for our customers. The customer portal enables SAS Customer Support to get you the answers that you need quickly and efficiently.

Have questions or feedback? Engage with us here on the community!

2 REPLIES 2
Quentin
Super User

Hi,

I went to the portal for the first time today to create a new ticket, and wanted to provide some feedback.

1. It was hard to find the new portal.  I went to support.sas.com, but there are no links to the portal from that page.  I think the "get tech Support via our track" button should point to the new portal.  Instead I clicked that, and then clicked "get contact information", but still didn't get a link to the portal.  (I guess from support.sas.com I could have clicked "read this post" to get the blog post with a link to the portal.)

2. After googling I found this KB article SAS Support - Create and manage cases and contact relationships in the SAS Customer Service Portal but the link in that article to the portal is bad.  It has the URL as:

https://service.sas.com/service.sas.com

3. I did ultimately find the portal, but then when I tried to open the case, I entered my SiteID into the field and it wouldn't accept it.  So I had to call tech support for help with getting the ticket created.

In the end it worked out.  Tech support rep on the phone created a new SAS profile for me with my work email address, and they created a ticket for me.  And I'm now able to log in to the portal and see the ticket and add content.  And now when I log in and try to create at ticket, it remembers my site ID.

But I think it would make sense to add a direct link to the portal from support.sas.com, and ask some users do more testing of trying to create their first ticket via the portal, to see if they encounter similar pain points.

BASUG is hosting free webinars Next up: Mark Keintz presenting History Carried Forward, Future Carried Back: Mixing Time Series of Differing Frequencies on May 8. Register now at the Boston Area SAS Users Group event page: https://www.basug.org/events.
AlexBeaver
Community Manager

Hi Quentin,

Thank you for this feedback and your suggestions. After signing in on the SAS Support home page (support.sas.com), you may access links to open a case or manage your cases from the My Profile dropdown in the top right of the navigation menu.

A direct link to the Customer Service Portal has been added on the SAS Technical Support home page.

The link in the KB article has also been fixed (service.sas.com/csm) Thanks for calling this out!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 2 in conversation