BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
TomKari
Onyx | Level 15

Hi all

I recall that in the old interface, I was able to connect privately with another user to exchange notes that didn't appear as posts. For the life of me, I can't figure out how to do it in the new interface.

If someone could teach this old dog a new trick, I'd be very grateful!

Tom

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Somehow, there is no "Send private message" option when viewing another user's profile.

You have to go to your own message inbox, where you see a button for "new message". While composing the message, you select the the user's name in the usual way. Not very comfortable, because you have to know how the username is spelled, but it works.

Having a "send a private message to this user" when viewing a profile would be great.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Somehow, there is no "Send private message" option when viewing another user's profile.

You have to go to your own message inbox, where you see a button for "new message". While composing the message, you select the the user's name in the usual way. Not very comfortable, because you have to know how the username is spelled, but it works.

Having a "send a private message to this user" when viewing a profile would be great.

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

The SAS Communities software developers have done an admirable job of making this feature difficult to find and difficult to use.

--
Paige Miller
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

Folks, this was an easy one.

I've added the Contact Me feature on the profile page for a user. If the user has Private Messages enabled, there should be a big "Private Message" button to allow you to send a message.  Sorry it went missing during our redesign, and thanks for pointing it out!

Check out SAS Innovate on-demand content! Watch the main stage sessions, keynotes, and over 20 technical breakout sessions!
TomKari
Onyx | Level 15

Technically, Kurt's answer is the correct one, but a BIG THANK YOU for doing this. It should make everyone's life easier!!

Tom

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Yes, this is a valuable improvement.

I would like to request that the coloring of the icons be changed, as the gray icon symbol on a dark orange background may fit the "theme" in use here, but it is very hard for my eyes to find the right icon.

Capture.PNG

--
Paige Miller
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Is there a way to view sent messages? I can only see received messages.

--
Paige Miller
ShelleySessoms
Community Manager

@PaigeMiller, click the dropdown arrow by Inbox, you can then select Sent. 

ChrisHemedinger_0-1603801044626.png

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Thanks, I should have figured that one out myself!

--
Paige Miller
TomKari
Onyx | Level 15

I must admit, I consider myself pretty competent with technology and weird user interfaces, but I wouldn't have thought of this in TEN THOUSAND YEARS!!

Thanks, although Chris's fix below will remove the need to know this.

Tom

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 5 in conversation