BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
sandeep_reddy
Quartz | Level 8

Hello All,

Recently I have upgraded SAS Webserver from 2.2 to 2.4 version and I am getting below issues.

1)

client sent HTTP/1.1 request without hostname (see RFC2616 section 14.23):

2) We have configured Load Balancer before it hits to the Web server . I have kept backup of 2.2 version and when i start the service from 2.2, I am not getting above issue.

3) I have configured all SSL certificates in place.

4) The upgraded version is not able to detect the Load balancer request but able to grant if it is a direct hostname URL.

Please let me know in which i can update the known host details if a connection coming through Load balancer

Thanks in Advance,

Sandeep

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi @sandeep_reddy 

I could find this bug raised for similar issue. It was closed by giving two options to solve this issue.

You can either use HttpProtocolOptions Unsafe or set Host header to some value.

I would not suggest to use the HttpProtocolOptions unsafe. It would be better if you raise this request directly to SAS TS as this something related to CVEs

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi @sandeep_reddy 

I could find this bug raised for similar issue. It was closed by giving two options to solve this issue.

You can either use HttpProtocolOptions Unsafe or set Host header to some value.

I would not suggest to use the HttpProtocolOptions unsafe. It would be better if you raise this request directly to SAS TS as this something related to CVEs

sandeep_reddy
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Anand,

Thanks Very Much for your reply.

I have replicated the issue and in our F5 load balancer there was a null host header.

I have asked my network team to assign a value for host and the issue is resolved now.

Thanks & Regards,
Sandeep

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation