BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
idziemianczyk
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi community,

I'm able to create authenticated domain in the Environment Manager. 

dandycomp_0-1625660801454.png

Is it possible to create a new AuthDomain from CLI or REST API call? Could you please provide an example of it. I haven't found any documentation about the creation of authenticated-domain from REST API or CLI.

There is a piece of code in Python link, but I'm not as familiar with Python to translate it to REST API call. 

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
Yes, this is possible through the credentials REST API using a PUT call to the endpoint /credentials/domains/{domain_id}. This would either create an authentication domain with that ID or update it if it already exists.

The body would contain the id and type, and optionally a description and label. For example:

curl --location --request PUT 'http://viya.demo.sas.com/credentials/domains/TestDomain' \
--header 'Accept: application/vnd.sas.credential.domain+json, application/json' \
--header 'Content-Type: application/json' \
--header 'Authorization: Bearer <token>' \
--data-raw '{
"id": "TestDomain",
"description": "This is a test domain.",
"label": "label",
"type": "password"
}'
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
Yes, this is possible through the credentials REST API using a PUT call to the endpoint /credentials/domains/{domain_id}. This would either create an authentication domain with that ID or update it if it already exists.

The body would contain the id and type, and optionally a description and label. For example:

curl --location --request PUT 'http://viya.demo.sas.com/credentials/domains/TestDomain' \
--header 'Accept: application/vnd.sas.credential.domain+json, application/json' \
--header 'Content-Type: application/json' \
--header 'Authorization: Bearer <token>' \
--data-raw '{
"id": "TestDomain",
"description": "This is a test domain.",
"label": "label",
"type": "password"
}'
--
idziemianczyk
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello @gwootton, thanks for your help.

Do you have an idea if we can add USER and PASSWORD into this(or another) into the Authdomain + assign it to groups? 

I didn't find any examples of creation PUT request for Authdomain credentials. I can only check existing credentials with the following GET request. 

GET https://<server>/credentials/domains/TestDomain/credentials

Could you please help me to build PUT request for adding credentials:

USER + PASSWORD and assign the access to groups. 

For eg.

USER: ORACLE_TEST

PASSWORD: ORACLE_PASS

Credentials: SASAdministrators, DataBuilders

gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
Yes the endpoint for adding credentials to an authentication domain for a group would be specific to the group so you'd need to do one for SASAdministrators and one for DataBuilders in your example (or make a new group that both SASAdministrators and DataBuilders is a member of and add it to that):

PUT /credentials/domains/{{ domain id}}/groups/{{ group id }}

with a body
'{
"domainId": "{{ domain id }}",
"identityType": "group",
"identityId": "{{ group id }}",
"domainType": "password",
"properties": {
"userId": "ORACLE_TEST"
},
"secrets": {
"password": "{{ base 64 encoded password }}"
}
}'

You can use the command "base64" to encode the password, the -n prevents echo from sending a newline character:

$ echo -n "ORACLE_PASS" | base64
T1JBQ0xFX1BBU1M=
--

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation