BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Nafsika
Calcite | Level 5

Hello. After we upgraded SAS 9.2 to SAS 9.4 codes that needed 2 hours to be executed now takes 9 hours. This applies to all of our pcs were we have installed the SAS with its license. We've already excluded SAS from our antivirus. We are using SAS Foundation and not Enterprise. Any thoughts? We are facing a huge issue with this delays.

6 REPLIES 6
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

This is highly likely some install & config issue and will require much more detail than you can share publicly to get to the bottom of it.

I recommend that you contact SAS Tech Support directly.

andreas_lds
Jade | Level 19

Without knowing anything about the hardware used and the install/upgrade process, it is hardly possible to say anything helpful.

yabwon
Onyx | Level 15

1) Does your code uses indexes created by datastep/proc datasets in SQL queries?

2) Does your code produces a lot of listings/figures? 

Bart

"SAS Packages: the way to share" at SGF2020 Proceedings (the latest version), GitHub Repository, and YouTube Video.
Hands-on-Workshop: "Share your code with SAS Packages"
"My First SAS Package: A How-To" at SGF2021 Proceedings

SAS Ballot Ideas: one: SPF in SAS, two, and three
SAS Documentation

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Run your codes with

options fullstimer;

set and look at the timing information of particularly long-running steps. Compare these with logs from the 9.2 setup. Once you find (a) step(s) with a dramatic difference, post the 9.4 log here.

Since 9.2 is very old, what else did change? I suspect you installed new computers at the same time.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 like
  • 5 in conversation