BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Jyothi_Swaroop
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

We have windows environment with two machines M1 and M2. On M1 we have installed meta & compute tiers and on M2 we have installed web tier. While installing we have used self signed certificate for web server. Now it was expired, we have raised csr and received a new CA signed certificates ( Root, Intermediate and Server). We have followed below steps to update the new certificates:

1. we have imported the Root and Intermediate certificates to windows trusted store on both the machines
  2. we have stopped the web services and we have imported the Root and Intermediate certificates to CA trusted bundle through SAS Deployment Manager on both the machines
  3. we have replaced the ServerCertificate and private key at
    SAS-config\Levn\Web\WebServer\ssl\ with new ServerCertificate and private key
  4. After this the Web server is not getting started, it is throwing the below error:

Jyothi_Swaroop_0-1650783407634.png

Could someone help me on this?

I hope all the steps I have followed are correct, please correct me if the steps are wrong

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jyothi_Swaroop
Fluorite | Level 6
Hi, the issue is resolved. I have used the Pass Phrase protected key. But it was mentioned to use Pass Phrase unprotected key in documentation as our environment is windows 32bit. After removing the Pass Phrase encryption of Private Key, the web server started successfully

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Sajid01
Meteorite | Level 14

I suggest creating a track with SAS Tech Support.

gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
Have you checked the web server's logs for errors? the Windows Event log?
Are the new server and key using the same file names as the old one?

Here is the documentation for updating the SAS Web Server's certificate and key.

Update the Key and Certificate That Are Used by SAS Web Server
https://go.documentation.sas.com/doc/en/bicdc/9.4/bimtag/p0fwmiy0dasb5nn18fwx1x9mn2ub.htm

--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer
Jyothi_Swaroop
Fluorite | Level 6
Hi, the issue is resolved. I have used the Pass Phrase protected key. But it was mentioned to use Pass Phrase unprotected key in documentation as our environment is windows 32bit. After removing the Pass Phrase encryption of Private Key, the web server started successfully

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation