BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sandeep_reddy
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Team,

I have upgraded solr from 5.5.5 to 8.6.2 version. The unsecured version of this upgrade is working as expected. 

Whereas, when i configure solr with SSL i am getting below errors. Solr-8.6.2 is expecting java8 version and i have downloaded from Oracle with open jDK "jdk1.8.0_281" .

The configured SSL's are working fine with 5.5.5 but not with 8.6.2.

Solr.log stops after the below step

INFO (main) [ ] o.e.j.u.s.SslContextFactory x509=X509@15cea7b0(168752868709204338503839cn=xxxxxxxxx, o=xxxxxxxxxx, l=xxxx, st=xxx, c=xxcn=xx internal issuing ad ca - xxx p01, dc=xxx, dc=xxx, dc=com, dc=au,h=[xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx],w=[]) for Server@29c5ee1d[provider=null,keyStore=file:///truststore.jks,trustStore=file:///truststore.jks]

I am not sure what is this W for and its value is coming as null.

java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
at org.eclipse.jetty.start.Main.invokeMain(Main.java:218)
at org.eclipse.jetty.start.Main.start(Main.java:491)
at org.eclipse.jetty.start.Main.main(Main.java:77)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.ssl.SslContextFactory.getKeyManagers(SslContextFactory.java:1234)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.ssl.SslContextFactory$Server.getKeyManagers(SslContextFactory.java:2260)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.ssl.SslContextFactory.load(SslContextFactory.java:374)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.ssl.SslContextFactory.doStart(SslContextFactory.java:245)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:72)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.ContainerLifeCycle.start(ContainerLifeCycle.java:169)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.ContainerLifeCycle.doStart(ContainerLifeCycle.java:117)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.SslConnectionFactory.doStart(SslConnectionFactory.java:97)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:72)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.ContainerLifeCycle.start(ContainerLifeCycle.java:169)
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.ContainerLifeCycle.doStart(ContainerLifeCycle.java:117)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractConnector.doStart(AbstractConnector.java:321)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AbstractNetworkConnector.doStart(AbstractNetworkConnector.java:81)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.ServerConnector.doStart(ServerConnector.java:231)
at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.doStart(Server.java:385)
at org.eclipse.jetty.xml.XmlConfiguration.lambda$main$1(XmlConfiguration.java:1924)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at org.eclipse.jetty.xml.XmlConfiguration.main(XmlConfiguration.java:1873)
... 7 more
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

Kindly share any ideas to resolve this issue.

Thanks In Advance,
Sandeep

1 REPLY 1
MargaretC
SAS Employee

Can you tell me more why you are using SOLR?  It is not required by SAS for the most part, but is required by some SAS 9.4 Solutions.  If you are using SOLR due to the requirement of a SAS Solution, you can only use versions of SOLR that have been "certified" by that Solution.

If you are using SOLR due to your own IT requirements, then please work with SOLR to resolve this issue.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation