BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
mkiran
Obsidian | Level 7

I am setting up the Snowflake metadata library using native engine and received required details from SNF architect, using these details in LIBNAME statement library is getting assigned successfully and snowflake admin is able to see login on database level, however when trying to register tables through metadata library with same details(took care of case sensitive for parameters) I am getting below error message and no log showsup.  I have enabled worksapce server logs and the log stop after library assignment and no errors shows up. 

Any leads would be of much help and Thanks in advance.

SASkira_0-1695222667155.png

SASkira_1-1695222680691.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mkiran
Obsidian | Level 7

ODBC driver upgrade from snowflake fixed the issue.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
carl_sommer
SAS Employee

If you have the library defined to metadata, can you submit a libname statement using the meta engine and the libdebug option and share the results?   46712 - Option for debugging META Libname Engine libraries (sas.com)

Carl Sommer - SAS Technical Support

mkiran
Obsidian | Level 7

We see an issue with the ROLES on Snowflake level, existing roles are not working we had to create a new ROLE and assign to SAS service user we are using. Weired thing is exact same permissions were given to the new role but still old one is not working.

However, after registering tables I am not able to open/query table data. when I open the table directly from the library I see below error(same result with Proc SQL too). But we are able to do proc contents on all tables in the library.

SASkira_0-1695241691461.png

carl_sommer
SAS Employee

Are you able to see/query data using your native Snowflake libname assignment through SAS code?   It sounds like you can get to Snowflake metadata but not data.     I think I'd pursue that, possibly as a SAS Tech Support case, and once that is proven working, follow up on the SAS metadata side of things.   I am unexperienced with Snowflake, but in general it sounds like there needs to be a GRANT for SELECT

Carl Sommer - SAS Technical Support

mkiran
Obsidian | Level 7

ODBC driver upgrade from snowflake fixed the issue.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation