BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Dana_Wu
Calcite | Level 5

Hi all,
Our SAS server was moved to a new machine with a new IP address over the weekend. And after the move, we can't connect to the server anymore from Enterprise Guide.

Out IT insists that the old server is cloned to the new server (hard disk to hard disk copy), so anything stays the same except for the server's IP address But we finds some of the services/servers was not initiated properly, e.g., SAS Environment Manager is not up, and we found Object Spawner is "stopped". 
Anyone has has idea what might go wrong? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
carl_sommer
SAS Employee

This sounds very similar to Solved: object spwaner startup issue - SAS Support Communities

Compare your SAS\Config\Levx\ObjectSpawner\Objectspawner.sh  (or .bat if you are running on Windows)

as well as the metadataConfig.xml file in the same directory, as well as SAS\Config\Levx\SASMeta\MetadataServer\omaconfig.xml  and verify if you have IP addresses or hostnames listed, and also verify network connectivitity via ping as expected between the metadata server and the machines where your objectspawners are intended to run.

While it's not my area, I believe the proper way to do this sort of migration is to use the SAS Migration Utility as described in SAS Help Center: SAS® 9.4 Intelligence Platform: Migration Guide, Second Edition rather than disk cloning.  

Carl Sommer

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
carl_sommer
SAS Employee

This sounds very similar to Solved: object spwaner startup issue - SAS Support Communities

Compare your SAS\Config\Levx\ObjectSpawner\Objectspawner.sh  (or .bat if you are running on Windows)

as well as the metadataConfig.xml file in the same directory, as well as SAS\Config\Levx\SASMeta\MetadataServer\omaconfig.xml  and verify if you have IP addresses or hostnames listed, and also verify network connectivitity via ping as expected between the metadata server and the machines where your objectspawners are intended to run.

While it's not my area, I believe the proper way to do this sort of migration is to use the SAS Migration Utility as described in SAS Help Center: SAS® 9.4 Intelligence Platform: Migration Guide, Second Edition rather than disk cloning.  

Carl Sommer

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation