BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
CHandberg
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi All

Can anyone tell me why and when the work-directory changes, when I use e.g. workspace-server?

In my autoexec I create a dataset and place it in work. The dataset appears in "Z:\saswork\_TD<ProcessID>_Servername_\".

All is good.

When I try to use it in DI Studio or Enterprise Guide, it is missing because work has changed to "Z:\saswork\_TD<ProcessID>_Servername_\Prc2\".

When I use the DisplayManager all is good and Prc2 doesn't appear.

It is the same processID, so the path must change between the execution of the autoexec and the actual program.

Can someone please enlighten me what is going on and preferably how to change it?

Thanks in advance!

/Christian

SAS 9.4 M4

1 REPLY 1
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Similar happens here, SAS 9.4M5 on AIX.

A dataset created in WORK in the WorkspaceServer/autoexec_usermods.sas file ends up in the parent directory of the WORK that is shown in Enterprise Guide.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation