BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
snoopy369
Barite | Level 11

I have a SAS VA 7.5 installation (Windows) and have run into an odd issue.

When a user selects to create a new geography field, two things happen:

1. They get the red generic error message, which leads to a log entry that suggests there was a CrossDomainProxy error
  2. They are only able to make a geography from longitude and latitude, nothing else (not from zipcode or county or etc.)

The odd thing is that the map itself loads fine with lat/long geographies!  I've seen the CrossDomainProxy error before (and searching online, many others have) when the OSM maps can't be loaded properly, but we don't have that issue; there's no proxy it needs to use, just a firewall.  

I'm guessing there is some issue with the program failing to get to an online dataset that it uses to look up coordinates, but I don't see where I can adjust this setting.  In a prior install of SAS Visual Analytics 7.4 on another machine, we had no issue with this.  I had assumed it was using SASHELP.ZIPCODE to look up zipcode centroids, not something online... so I'm further confused.

Does this suggest a firewall issue, and if so, how can I identify the issue and what port/etc. to open?  Or is there a configuration setting wrong somewhere - like, does VA not know where SASHELP.ZIPCODE is and is trying to look somewhere that's causing this error (or maybe it's just an unrelated error...)?

Thanks!

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation