BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
shoin
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hello all, 1 machine SAS 9.4 M8 install, one specific issue seen

Issue: SAS Meta ODBC data libraries established, (Oracle & DB2, lets called them db2 & ora data libraries, all using their own AuthDomain and CLI and odbc.ini are set).  The issue is in EG is the library db2 or ora is expanded no tables appear.  However, the relevant LIBNAME when run successfully execute and tables appear.

Checks done:

1. Checked for user's privilege and permissions OS, DB grants, and Metadata permission) all valid and at minimum have RM and read
  2. Checked effective permissions in Metadata > Authorization > Advanced > Explore Authorization for the user = look good as expected.
  3. Data server assignments of connection server and data library all look okay.

Anyone has any idea what else I could look at?

TIA

S

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SASKiwi
PROC Star

To get tables to appear in the EG servers panel for metadata-defined external database libraries you need to do either of these two things:

• Register the tables in SAS metadata
  • Add the AssignMode option = 2 to the library's extended attributes

Settling the AssgnMode is by far the easier option:

SASKiwi_0-1713729834499.png

Note, only table names that don't exceed 32 characters will show.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
carl_sommer
SAS Employee

By "relevant libname statement", do you mean the libname you can view from SAS Management Console when you right-click on the library and select Display LIBNAME statement...?  Or do you mean something using the META libname engine?

The latter is what you really need to try.   Let's assume the name of the registered library is MYLIB.   What do you get when you submit LIBNAME test META LIBRARY="MYLIB" libdebug ;

Carl Sommer - SAS Technical Support

shoin
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Ty for the suggestion Carl.

I meant using 'meta' libname or even a ODBC based libname they execute fine (using their own auth-domain).

I have not generated the libname string from SMC (I will)

I will do the test and update. TY very much for your time!
Sajid01
Meteorite | Level 14

Hello @shoin 

Thanks for the question.Two questions.
Have you preassigned the libraries?
Did anybody pointed to the library with mouse pointer and right clicked to assign the library? Did this work?

SASKiwi
PROC Star

To get tables to appear in the EG servers panel for metadata-defined external database libraries you need to do either of these two things:

• Register the tables in SAS metadata
  • Add the AssignMode option = 2 to the library's extended attributes

Settling the AssgnMode is by far the easier option:

SASKiwi_0-1713729834499.png

Note, only table names that don't exceed 32 characters will show.

shoin
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
TY, AssignMode did it 🙂
SASKiwi
PROC Star

@shoin - Glad to hear it worked. In my experience, this is not a very well known option and it took me some considerable time to find many years ago. 

shoin
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
I am with you, I discovered it recently too on another project, but totally did not consider, wasn't there a metaautoinit type option (my memory fails me) and did not place it this new way, TY for the memory jog & for your time 🙂

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation