BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Elazer
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

Never posted in these forums before, pleae be gentle 😄 

In our enviroment we have a mix of clients running 32- and 64bit version of SAS. We even have a few more different versions, but if we can find a solution that at least can work for that mix, it would be OK.

We are using SCCM/MECM to handle our clients, and we have a working license upgrade task sequence for every different license using responsefiles. However, since we dont have any knowledge about which client is running which version, we currently have all the license upgrades visible in Software Center for all the users. Not great since the users usually dont know which version they have either. It gets even more difficult since we only have one of the SAS-versions available in SCCM, the rest are manually installed. Of course, I am trying to adress the entire situation, but until then...

I have thought about going at it two ways, but im not sure either of them is the correct way or a good way. 

1. Using a response file that can work for different architectures or versions of SAS, is this possible at all?

2. Creating collections in SCCM based on query and in some way isolate the x64 installs. I have not yet figured out a way to do this though, since the installs looks identical. No indication in name or otherwise that one is x86 and one is x64.

Any ideas? Cant really find anything about this when i google it 😕

1 REPLY 1
huntdoug
SAS Employee
There are many 3rd party provisioning software products. Microsoft's SCCM and MECM are just a couple. Provisioning software like these still use SAS's native SDW (SAS Deployment Wizard) in their packages.

Here is documentation that will assist with provisioning SAS with 3rd party software, like SCCM and MECM.

"Provisioning SAS on Windows" in the SAS 9.4 Intelligence Platform: Installation and Configuration Guide. Start with "Provisioning Overview."

Note: The Provision System Requirements section in Step One is optional, not required.

http://go.documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=biig&docsetTarget=p15intellplatform00installgd.htm&docsetV...

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation