BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sathya66
Barite | Level 11

Hi All,

I am trying to register JDBC library table into SAS by using SAS management console (GUI) but I am getting below ERROR. I never seen this error before. User has right permissions on the folder/library. I can see the tables in the library but not able to register them in SAS.

Tried with code as well in EG and same issue.

4          proc metalib

5          ;

5        !     omr (LIBURI="A5B8KyBP.BA0000SI"

6             user="test" password=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

7             );

8             REPORT(type = summary out = "tab_info");

9             SELECT ("ADDRESS"

10          );

11            FOLDERID = "A5B8oJBP.AA000124";

12         run;

ERROR: Error retrieving DatabaseMetaData:

NOTE: The SAS System stopped processing this step because of errors.

NOTE: PROCEDURE METALIB used (Total process time):

real time           0.60 seconds

cpu time            0.05 seconds

5 REPLIES 5
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
Typically this means we either cannot connect or did connect but were unable to read the requested information. You mention you can see the tables in the library, how are you viewing them? If you assign the library in SAS manually rather than using the metadata definition, is the connection successful?

LIBNAME Statement for the JDBC Engine
https://go.documentation.sas.com/doc/en/pgmsascdc/9.4_3.5/acreldb/n0zm6fjwtgsnrzn1fegvyhl3yrwd.htm
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer
sathya66
Barite | Level 11
Through GUI, we first connect to the database by using libname and then it runs proc metalib to register tables in SAS.

I am able to extract the tables through libname (implicit ) or proc sql (explicit ) so I am fine with code. The only issues is with registering metadata tables.
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

Found this, no idea if it applies:

"SCHEMA

This option specifies the schema that you want to use when loading and accessing tables in your data store. If the schema name contains spaces or non-alphanumeric characters, you must enclose it in quotation marks. The SCHEMA option is required if your JDBC driver is older than 4.1 or if your database vendor did not implement the Connection.getSchema method. If SAS/ACCESS Interface to JDBC cannot discover your SCHEMA by calling Connection.getSchema or if the SCHEMA option is omitted, this error message is displayed in your SAS log.

ERROR: java.lang.AbstractMethodError ERROR: Error retrieving DatabaseMetaData: java.lang.AbstractMethodError"

Data never sleeps
sathya66
Barite | Level 11
Schema has non-alphanumeric values and Shema is in double quotes . Need to confirm from the vender but I am fine with code.
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
This SAS Note might help you get some more detail on the failure by turning on trace options:

Usage Note 68728: Troubleshooting errors that occur when you register tables in the metadata
https://support.sas.com/kb/68/728.html
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation