BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
SYLC
Calcite | Level 5

Hello.

I have tried amending the properties of a LSF email notification in SAS management console 9.4_M7 but it not taking affect. For example, I have clear my email address for the relevant box and unselect email notification but the next day during it schedule run, I still get the email.

I have tried various way to fix it - reschedule, refresh etc.

The only thing that seems to work is deleting the flow and recreating it again. Has anyone else come across this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
Rescheduling should update the flow with any changes made in SAS Management Console. Do you unschedule the flow and schedule it again to do this?

Another option would be to edit the flow in Flow Manager, which would be editing it on Process Manager directly.
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
Rescheduling should update the flow with any changes made in SAS Management Console. Do you unschedule the flow and schedule it again to do this?

Another option would be to edit the flow in Flow Manager, which would be editing it on Process Manager directly.
--
SYLC
Calcite | Level 5
I think I have tried that and it still didn't work. I don't have Flow manager but does SAS LSF Scheduling have something.
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
Flow Manager is installed when you install Process Manager, so it should be available to run on the server.
--
kdebruhl
SAS Employee

Yes!  I've experienced this myself.  The only way I can prevent emails is by setting this property (environment variables) for the flow:

LSB_JOB_REPORT_MAIL=N

Select the flow -> Properties -> Job Properties
Create the environment variable.

No more emails.

SYLC
Calcite | Level 5
Unfortunately I still need the emails to go out but just to someone else. But this is good to know for future reference. Thanks
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Have you tried deleting the flow in IBM Flow Manager, then rescheduling in SMC?

SYLC
Calcite | Level 5
I don't have IBM Flow Manager.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation