BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
muthiah07
Calcite | Level 5

Hi All,

One of the zOS 2.4 upgrade action health checker ZOSMIGV2R3_NEXT_VSM_USERKEYCOMM had found use of user key common storage. I'm trying to find the instances which is using the user keys 8-15. SMF Type 30 is getting captured in our environment of subtype fields of SMF30_UserKeyCsaUsage, SMF30_UserKeyChangKeyUsage, SMF30_UserKeyCadsUsage and one way to find is to run SMF report on this fields to find the instances so trying to get help from this forum who can advice me on this. 

4 REPLIES 4
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

I don't know if this is exactly related to SAS...but others here may be familiar with this mainframe task.

Check out SAS Innovate on-demand content! Watch the main stage sessions, keynotes, and over 20 technical breakout sessions!
carl_sommer
SAS Employee

This sounds like the sort of thing you should consider using MXG to process the SMF type 30 records into SAS with.

It's been a long time since I used MXG, so I'm ill-equipped to advise you on that.   Do you have MXG?  See www.mxg.com for more information.

Carl Sommer

muthiah07
Calcite | Level 5

ok that's cool Carl. we have MXG I think version 39 is being used. 

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation