BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ankit_jha
Calcite | Level 5

I am trying to set up SAS on virtual box. After i have added my folder by going to Machine-->Settings in the virtual box, the option to click is disabled, instead, I see a warning message saying 

Invalid settings: Network: Adapter 1 page: The MAC address must be 12 hexadecimals digits long

How to resolve this issue ?

Untitled.png
3 REPLIES 3
jklaverstijn
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Check what's defined for mac address(es).

Click on Network in the right sidebar menu. Then click Advanced. The MAC Address field should be completed with a 12 byte string containing only hex characters (0-9, A-F). Anything else would be invalid. Also not you do not use separators (usualy colo

k in the right sidebar menu. Then click Advanced. The MAC Address field should be completed with a 12 byte string containing only hex characters (0-9, A-F). Anything else would be invalid. Also not you do not use separators (usualy colons) between the octets. Eg use f800279b2e6a instead of f8:00:27:9b:2e:6a. Check for all adapters in case you have multiple.

- Jan.

renjithabby
Calcite | Level 5

thanks jklaverstijin , for me there was no mac address in the mac address filed, and when i pressed the small refresh button on the side of the adreess text , i got new address and it worked. Thanks

anja
SAS Employee

That's a long shot, but one of the things described in an old article was "Networks - Host Only Networds" value, showing the wrong host/host name.

i *think* it is in the File - Preference - Network - machine name/image name.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 in conversation