BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jklaverstijn
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi all,

This is SAS 9.4M8 on RHEL8, LSF Processmanager is 10.2.

Never thought that LSF could throw me this curve ball after so many years. One of our users came up with this and I managed to replicate easily.

The usecase is, I have a flow, let's call it SF, with an email notification set for ends with any return code. This works well if I submit that flow independently. However, if I add SF as a subflow to another flow, say MF, and I submit MF, I do not see the email notification defined for SF.

Looking for an explanation. Am I missing the obvious (as  in: why didn't I notice this 12 years ago?)?

Kind regards and in bewilderment, Jan.

4 REPLIES 4
SASKiwi
PROC Star

I'd be interested in knowing the answer to this also since we are considering chaining LSF flows together for greater flexibility.

jklaverstijn
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

I opened a track with SAS Support. I will update you on its conclusion.

Quentin
Super User

I haven't used subflows, but seems plausible that there is no notifications for subflows, only flows.

I assume if you kick off the flow which has a subflow, the flow will email appropriately when it ends?

But what you want is an email from each time a subflow ends?

BASUG is hosting free webinars Next up: Mark Keintz presenting History Carried Forward, Future Carried Back: Mixing Time Series of Differing Frequencies on May 8. Register now at the Boston Area SAS Users Group event page: https://www.basug.org/events.
jklaverstijn
Rhodochrosite | Level 12
Flow MF will email when it ends but the subflow SF flow embedded in it will not. The assumption was that it would. And yes it was what we were expecting. This may however prove to be wishful thinking. If this behaviour is by design I would have hoped to find some hint in the docs. Haven't found it sofar.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation