BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
JorgeV
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I'm trying to create a responsefile for the stand alone installer AMO 7.1

Documentation states that the deployment wizard should be started with the -record switch to create the response file in the userhome location.

If i start the deployment wizard from our SAS depot via setup.exe -record then indeed a response file is created in my userhome location

Problem:

If i start from the stand alone installer exe :    "SASAddInForMicrosoftOffice71_x86_x64.exe -record" then no response file is created.

My question now: How do i create a response file for the stand alone installer AMO 7.1

k.regards

Jorge

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dpage
SAS Employee

You need two -'s between .exe and your options,

Independent Record Usage

X.exe -- -record -responsefile "<full path to the response file>"
X represents the appropriate independent installer executable file for your package. IMPORTANT:
The command line includes two dashes followed by -record with a space between them.
Independent Record Example
SASEnterpriseGuide61_x64.exe -- -record -responsefile
"C:\sdwresponse.properties"

See Appendix A of the "SAS® Deployment Wizard and
SAS® Deployment Manager 9.4:
User’s Guide"

http://support.sas.com/documentation/installcenter/en/ikdeploywizug/66034/PDF/default/user.pdf

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
dpage
SAS Employee

You need two -'s between .exe and your options,

Independent Record Usage

X.exe -- -record -responsefile "<full path to the response file>"
X represents the appropriate independent installer executable file for your package. IMPORTANT:
The command line includes two dashes followed by -record with a space between them.
Independent Record Example
SASEnterpriseGuide61_x64.exe -- -record -responsefile
"C:\sdwresponse.properties"

See Appendix A of the "SAS® Deployment Wizard and
SAS® Deployment Manager 9.4:
User’s Guide"

http://support.sas.com/documentation/installcenter/en/ikdeploywizug/66034/PDF/default/user.pdf

Raj5773
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

For this standalone exe installer, how can i uninstall completely?

I found only one entry in regeditor and it will not remove the product completely.

Please guide me to uninstall the product completely.

Thanks in advance.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation