BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Filipvdr
Pyrite | Level 9

Hello,

I'm able to connect to our SAP HANA server with the libname:

LIBNAME HANA_LD SASIOHNA  PRESERVE_TAB_NAMES=YES  SERVER="a61db.al.ndis.be"  SCHEMA=_SYS_BIC  USER=TST003  password="Test123$";

It works, but i want to hide the tables with "/hier/" from the library. Are there any options i can pass in the libname to do this?

Filipvdr_0-1602056612829.png

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
SASKiwi
PROC Star

If you are OK with setting up the library in SAS metadata you could just register the non-hier tables so those would be the only ones that showed. However using a LIBNAME statement would bypass this.

Discuss your issue with your SAP DBA as they could probably setup a special schema that hides these.

Filipvdr
Pyrite | Level 9

The goal is that every single user will connect from SAS Eguide to SAP HANA with his own user so we will have to set security only at the SAP HANA platform.

So registering the library in metadata would mean we would have to do it for every user, and update (new) tables regularly.

Is it possible to create a metadata library which uses something like &metapassword?

SASKiwi
PROC Star

@Filipvdr - A library set up in SAS metadata only needs to be defined once and then shared with all EG users. If SAP HANA can authenticate against OS user accounts that would be ideal as you don't need to supply a user and password any more. An alternative would be to use token-based authentication where all SAP HANA libraries share the same user account for connection purposes.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation