BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
gorata
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Guys,

i would like to install SAS 9.4 M/ on Windows Server 2019.

Installation was finished without any issues.

BUT configuration failed on the Metadata Server Step. The wizzard was not able to start the metadata server , and i am getting the following error message :

-----------------------------------------------

BUILD FAILED
C:\Program Files\SASHome\SASFoundation\9.4\core\sasmisc\sasconf\metadatasrv\config\metadatasrv_config.xml:956: The following error occurred while executing this line:

C:\Program Files\SASHome\SASFoundation\9.4\core\sasmisc\sasconf\metadatasrv\config\metadatasrv_config.xml:3045: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\Program Files\SASHome\SASDeploymentManager\9.4\products\cfgwizard__94560__prt__xx__sp0__1\Utilities\configuration_scripts.xml:177: rc:8 output:after 1297ms, checkpoint 0 wait hint = 0ms
after 2297ms, checkpoint 0 wait hint = 0ms
after 3297ms, checkpoint 0 wait hint = 0ms
after 4297ms, checkpoint 0 wait hint = 0ms
after 5297ms, checkpoint 0 wait hint = 0ms
after 6297ms, checkpoint 0 wait hint = 0ms
unexpected service status SERVICE_STOPPED

----------------------------------------

Ans hints , suggestions are very appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance!

Best Regards

6 REPLIES 6
gwootton
SAS Super FREQ

Does the Metadata Server log contain an error (<SASConfig>\Lev1\SASMeta\MetadataServer\Logs)?

--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer
gorata
Obsidian | Level 7
I will check and let you know.
Thanks
huntdoug
SAS Employee

Are you using 94M6 at least?

OS requirements

https://support.sas.com/documentation/installcenter/en/ikfdtnwinsr/64429/PDF/default/sreq.pdf

The interactive OS matrix:

https://support.sas.com/supportos/list?requestAction=summary&outputView=sasrelease&sasrelease=9.3&pl...

Windows2016 -  This is not a supported configuration. (9.3)

Support Status: Windows Server 2016

SAS® 9.4 TS1M5 and higher is supported on Windows Server 2016. For browser support, refer to Third-Party Software Requirements.

Support Status: Windows Server 2019

SAS® 9.4 TS1M6 and higher is supported on Windows Server 2019. For browser support, refer to Third-Party Software Requirements.

SAS® 9.4 TS1M7 (9.4 M7) is the current release

• SAS 9.4 M7 was released on August 18, 2020.
gorata
Obsidian | Level 7
Hello,

I am installing SAS9.4 M7

Thanks & Regards
Sakina1
Calcite | Level 5

I Have the same error, have you please found a solution to this ?

gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
Above the "BUILD FAILED" line there should be a line saying what the problem was.
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 in conversation